What are NFTs?
A Non-Fungible Token (NFT) is used to represent ownership of a unique digital asset. Each NFT consists of in-built documentation using blockchain technology. This technology allows you to view the NFT’s background, ownership history and transaction values.
About STREET ART ALIVE NFT collection
Artflow NFT’s STREET ARTALIVE NFT collection is inspired by the creative works of street artists from around the world. The list of artists includes well-known D*Face recognised for his British Urban contemporary art and large-scale murals. ELLE from NYC whose work is evocative, alluring, lavish, outrageous, purposeful, and informative and she is considered to be one of the top touring artists of the world. Dscreet is known for his captivating signature owl character that is displayed across many streets and alleys of East London, and beyond. Tom Gerrard focuses on suburban life and the everyday man. There are many other artists, with more to come, including Malarko & Alex Senna.
Each NFT is based on a real-life piece of street art, that can be (or could have been, if it has since been painted over) found on a wall or building around the world, and have been turned into edgy and cool animations that are begging to be displayed on a screen at someone’s home or office. Each artwork has an interesting story behind it, so does each of the street artists, particularly as many started off working under the cover of darkness, as their craft was often breaking a few rules
You can buy the STREET ART ALIVE NFT collection is on Opensea and Rarible
The STREET ART ALIVE collection has been minted with Manifold, which is used by many big name artists in the NFT Space. Manifold enables web3 creators to have true creative ownership, preserve on-chain provenance, and interoperate with all major NFT marketplaces. We have used a creator-owned minting smart contract which has the benefits of
- Authenticity — true provenance for creators, so collectors can be assured the NFTs they purchase are 100% genuine, backed by the creator.
- Interoperability — works with existing ERC-721 NFT platforms, so recognized on all open NFT marketplaces and
- Extensibility — unique, creator-approved NFT applications which will allow Artflow to introduce new mechanics, partner with third parties platforms and provide more functionality in the future.
How do I buy an NFT?
Step 1) Open a wallet i.e MetaMask
Step 2) Purchase Ether (ETH) from an exchange, through MetaMask, or through OpenSea
Step3) Purchase NFT on OpenSea marketplace
We recommend using the crypto wallet Metamask. You are able to use other crypto wallets, such as Coinspot or Binance, however the steps below to purchase an NFT will be via Metamask. MetaMask is safe for use on public and private Wi-Fi as no third party can access the funds because of the encrypted connection.
Also, Opensea now allows you to pay for NFTs using a credit cards in selected countries. Check https://opensea.io/collection/street-art-alive-by-artflow to see if credit card is available for you.
How to set up a Metamask wallet on your mobile:
See the steps below for iPhone / Android users:
1. Go into the AppStore/PlayStore to download the MetaMask App.
2. Click on Get Started, then MetMask will prompt you to create a password.
3. Create a good password and also remember it for later, as if you want to access the MetaMask in the browser then you will require the same password and "seed phase".
4. Now, MetaMask will give you “Secret Recovery Phase”, please copy it somewhere because in the next step you will be required to re-enter the same “Secret Recovery Phase” in the correct order of the words from one to twelve.
5. This Phase is also important for login into a browser or app, that’s why keep it safe and secure. Anyone with this phase can log in to your wallet.
6. Re-enter the “Secret Recovery Phase” in the exact order from one to twelve, if you mess up the order the Phase will become incorrect.
7. You are now successfully logged in to your MetaMask App from Android or iPhone.
Or see the steps below for PC:
1. Download MetaMask wallet. Go to https://metamask.io/ and click on “Download”. Choose your preferred browser and install the MetaMask extension.
2. MetaMask wallet installation. Click on the MetaMask extension and click on “Get Started”. You can either import an existent wallet using the seed phrase or create a new one.
3. Click on “Create a Wallet” and in the next window click on “I agree” if you would like to help improve MetaMask or click on “No Thanks” to proceed.
4. Create a strong password for your wallet.
5. Securely store the seed phrase for your wallet Click on “Click here to reveal secret words” to show the seed phrase. MetaMask requires that you store your seed phrase in a safe place. It is the only way to recover your funds should your device crash or your browser reset. We recommend you write it down. The most common method is to write your 12-word phrase on a piece of paper and store it safely in a place where only you have access. Note: if you lose your seed phrase, MetaMask can’t help you recover your wallet and your funds will be lost forever. Never share your seed phrase or your private key to anyone or any site, unless you want them to have full control over your funds. Click on ‘Next’.
6. Confirm your secret backup phrase by clicking on each word in the order in which the words were presented on the previous screen. Click on “Confirm” to proceed.
7. Congratulations! Your MetaMask wallet has been set up successfully. You can now access your wallet by clicking on the MetaMask icon at the top-right-end corner of your preferred browser.
How to connect your MetaMask mobile app to OpenSea:
Please follow this helpful guide below:
1. Download the OpenSea App from the AppStore / PlayStore.
2. Click on the “Continue” button.
3. You are now in OpenSea, on the lower right you can find the Profile. Go to the Profile Section.
4. Select the wallet that you want to connect with OpenSea in our case we will select MetaMask.
5. Now OpenSea will redirect you to the MetaMask App that you have already installed previously, Just Authorise OpenSea to connect with MetaMask.
How to connect your Metamask browser to OpenSea:
Connecting your MetaMask to Opensea on your PC
Please follow this helpful guide below:
1. Go to https://opensea.io/
2. Click the wallet icon in the top-right corner
3. Choose Metamask and follow the instructions from the pop-up window.
If this does not work, you can manually connect to OpenSea via the MetaMask extension. To do this:
1. Open the extension
2. Press the three dots and go to Account.
3. Choose the Connected Sites option, before pressing 'Manually Connect To Current Site'.
How to buy a STREET ART ALIVE NFT?
We have tried to make the purchase of a STREET ART NFT digital art as simple as possible, but due to NFTs being on blockchain technology, there are a number of steps a user needs to take.
- On the www.artflowNFT.art website, select your favourite NFT that you would like to purchase. (Note - we recommend using a Chrome browser)
- Each NFT has a "BUY NOW" button, which will take you directly to the artwork on Opensea, the world's largest marketplace for NFTs
- Connect your wallet (eg. MetaMask wallet) to Opensea (For more information on setting up a Metmask wallet, go to our FAQs > How to Buy an NFT
- On Opensea "BUY NOW" the selected STREET ART ALIVE NFT
- Ensure you have Ethereum (ETH) in your MetaMask wallet to make a purchase. Opensea now allows for buyers in some countries to use their credit cards to purchase NFTs
- Once you have purchased the NFT, it will be automatically transferred in your MetaMask wallet and ownership of that NFT will have transferred to you
- You can either hold your NFT and put it on display in your home or workplace. We use Tokenframes NFT screens to showcase our NFTs and they are available for purchase here
- Or you can re-sell your NFT on markets such as Opensea
What if I have a problem with buying my NFT?
If you are having difficulties with buying your NFT on Artflow NFT’s platform, please contact our friendly team for support via this email address info@artflowNFT.art
What is a Crypto Wallet?
Crypto wallets keep your private keys – the passwords that give you access to your cryptocurrencies – safe and accessible, allowing you to send and receive cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. They come in many forms, from hardware wallets like Ledger (which looks like a USB stick) to mobile apps or Chrome extensions like Metamsk, which makes using crypto easier for purchase of NFT.
Why are Crypto Wallets Important?
Unlike a normal wallet, which can hold actual cash, crypto wallets technically don’t store your crypto. Your holdings live on the blockchain, but can only be accessed using a private key. Your keys prove your ownership of your digital money and allow you to make transactions. If you lose your private keys, you lose access to your money. That’s why it’s important to keep your hardware wallet safe, or use a trusted wallet provider like Metamask.
Hardware wallets: Keys are stored in a thumb-drive device that is kept in a safe place and only connected to a computer when you want to use your crypto. The idea is to try to balance security and convenience.
Online wallets: Keys are stored in an app or other software – look for one that is protected by two-step encryption. This makes sending, receiving, and using your crypto as easy as using any online bank account, payment system, or brokerage. Online wallets offered by a major exchange like Ethereum based wallet provider Metamask are the simplest way to get started in crypto and offer a balance of security and easy access. (Because your private info is online, your protection against hackers is only as good as your wallet provider’s security – so make sure you look for features like two-factor verification.)
Using an app like Metamask gives you easy access to your crypto holdings. You can:
- Manage all your digital assets in one secure place
- Control your own private keys
- Send and receive cryptocurrency to and from anywhere in the world
- Interact with usernames rather than long, hexadecimal “public key” addresses
- Browse dapps (decentralised finance apps)
- Shop at stores that accept cryptocurrency
- See our section here for how to set up a Metamask wallet.
What is Blockchain Technology?
Blockchain technology is a system of recording transactions and tracking assets in a business network via an immutable ledger. Blocks form a chain of data as an asset moves place to place or changes ownership. They determine the exact time and sequence of transactions, and everytime a new transaction occurs on the blockchain, a record of it is added to every user's ledger. Blocks are linked securely together to prevent being altered, and ensure security of the data within the chain.
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is a blockchain based computing platform with its own cryptocurrency called Ether (ETH) or Ethereum and its own programming language called Solidity. The platform allows developers to build and deploy decentralised applications. As of September 2022, Ethereum is second in market value only to Bitcoin.
Why are we using the Ethereum Blockchain?
As with all blockchain technology, the computational power and processes required for token minting and processing requires large amounts of energy. As there has been an uptake of NFT’s in the art world, questions have been raised about the environmental impact of minting and processing these proof-of-work blockchain-powered tokens.
We are using Ethereum as they plan is to slash their energy consumption dramatically by the quarter 4 of 2022. The plan involves an upgrade to the network that will reduce the Ethereum network’s energy use by over 99%. The Ethereum "merge" will switch the network from Proof of Work model, where cryptocurrency miners use high-powered computers to complete complex mathematical functions, to a Proof of Sake consensus mechanism to verify transactions
Ethereum is also considered to be the most secure blockchain for NFTs.
What are Gas Fees?
Gas fees are transaction fees that are paid to Ethereum miners who provide the computer power necessary to keep the network running. Every time you bid or purchase an NFT, you’ll need to have extra ETH in your crypto wallet so that you can pay for gas. Gas fees on the Ethereum blockchain are continuing to be reduced with the optimisation of the blockchain.
What screens do you use to showcase your NFTs
We use Tokenframes to showcase our NFTs are THE LUME Los Angeles. They have selected by us for a number reasons;
- one of the few screens that connect to your digital wallet (eg. Metamask) so authenticity of ownership is assured
- high quality resolution
- can showcase up to 6 NFTs in a slideshow
- connects to your wifi
- can cast your NFTs from anywhere in the world
If you are interested in purchasing one, details are below. They come in a range of sizes and are shipped out of Las Vegas USA to anywhere in the world.
Showcasing rotating Tokenframe NFT screen
Interested in buying a Tokenframe screen?
If you’re interested in buying a purchasing a Tokenframe that the NFTs are displayed on, please click on the link to find out more or scan our QR Code below:
What is Artflow NFT’s 'Rarity' guide?
As Artflow NFT has released a niche collection size, with no more than 16 editions of each NFT, hence providing the rarity of each token is not necessary.
NFTs for Beginners: Everything You Need to Know About The Latest Crypto Craze
Tom Read, author from Website Planet, has written a super comprehensive guide to NFTs that can be found here.
What are NFTs
How NFTs Work
The History of NFTs
NFT Risks and Issues
A Complete Guide to NFT Marketplaces
How to Buy and Sell NFTs
Real-World Uses of NFT Technology
The Future of NFTs
... and more
Seriously covers almost any question you might have about NFTs so sharing it on our FAQs and kudos to Tom Read!